Career and Academic Support Application
The RGSU’s Career and Academic Support Program is intended to help Ryerson graduate students present their research at academic events (e.g., conferences, seminars).
- Ryerson graduate student who is enrolled in a full-time or part-time program.
- RGSU member (i.e., a graduate student who has paid their RGSU membership fees for the year).
- Limited to 1 application/claim per academic year to a maximum of $500 per election year – MAY 1st, 2019 to APRIL 30th, 2020.
- The conference must occur between MAY 1st, 2019 and APRIL 30th, 2020 (i.e., you cannot apply for support before the conference has occurred).
- Funds are limited (based on the RGSU budget) and are paid on a first come first serve basis.
- Receipts must be dated in the same year as the claim (i.e., no receipts from previous years).
- Expenses related to conferences or seminars must be submitted after the event has occurred.
- Registration fees for conferences or seminars
- Travel expenses related to conferences and seminars (e.g., accommodations, transportation, food)
- Non-travel related expenses
- Alcohol and cannabis
- Applications will be reviewed by elected RGSU members within 3-4 weeks post- submission date.
- Only online submissions will be considered. Hard-copy applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The RGSU will email successful applicants when cheques are ready for pick-up at the front desk of the RSU located on the 3rd floor of the SCC Building, 55 Gould Street, Toronto.
- Successful applicants are required to fill in a T4A form at the front desk of the RSU when picking up their cheque. You will need your SIN number in order to fill in the form.
- Letter of Interest (maximum 250 words)
- Conference Details (i.e., description, registration, agenda)
- Proof of Conference Presentation (i.e., congratulations email from conference/seminar organizers, research abstract).
- Confirmation of Travel (e.g., boarding pass, bus or train ticket)
- Overview of Funding Received from Other Sources (e.g., supervisor, department, faculty, external)
- Receipts (must be dated within the same year as the claim)
- Detailed Summary of Expenses Based on Your Receipts
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Click here for an information PDF